The access to outdoor activities are invaluable during summer, though they carry their own risks and dangers. Consider these tips to make sure your kid stays safe while having fun this summer:
- Make sure your child has the right size helmet and wears it every time when riding, skating or scooting.
- Encourage children to drink water before, during and after athletic activities or play.
- Whenever your kids are going outside, make sure to apply sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher. Reapply sunscreen every three hours, or immediately after your child gets out of the water.
- Keep things safe at the pool – it may go without saying, but care needs to be taken in and around the water.
- Make the choice to protect yourself and your family from fireworks injuries. Fireworks-related injuries are most common on holidays. Fireworks can cause death and injury, including burns, contusions, lacerations, and foreign objects in the eye. Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Don’t use a grill, generator or camping stove inside your home, garage or near a window.