350 people attended our annual holiday party this past December. We couldn’t have made it such an awesome event without the help and generosity of several local individuals, community groups and organizations:
- Mary Lou Zieve, who started our first holiday party fifteen years ago and continues to help plan and support it to this day
- The Community House in Birmingham hosted the party
- Kirk in the Hills brought pizza and cookies for everyone, and provided presents for the children
- Variety, the Children’s Charity provided additional presents
- The Junior League of Birmingham ran a face painting activity and provided games and healthy snacks
- Students from the Baker College Nursing program ran a candy cane crafting activity
- Rennie Kaufmann and his daughter Esther performed music for the guests
- Steve Goldsmith and Lily Kaufmann acted as Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus
So much of what we do at CARE House depends on the support of members of the community, and this party is no exception. We are beyond grateful that so many people believe in our mission, and are so committed to giving these kids a very special night to remember.
For more information on the party, you can read this article that ran in Hometownlife.